Angels of Overwatch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Forum for the Angels of Overwatch

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GvG-PvP and all that jazz...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gravity
Gravity

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-05-20

GvG-PvP and all that jazz... Empty
PostSubject: GvG-PvP and all that jazz...   GvG-PvP and all that jazz... EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 1:19 pm

I understand this may be an old grind to some of you, but I'm still very new to this game so.. that being said..

I was just wondering if anyone is interested in setting up a time when we could do some GvG. It seems like there are always a lot of people on during the weekends. Maybe that would be the perfect time. Anyway, what I am suggesting/requesting is that the PvP brains of the guid please post the necessary classes and/or builds to have a well rounded team.

During the week we can help each other ( as always ) get it all together so that when it comes time to roll out we can just team up and go, instead of teaming up then spending an hour or two pulling together builds and switching characters etc etc etc... Perhaps that would be more enjoyable to those that are so limited on time as it is.

So! Please post a reply to this message including the 411 on the character you would like to pvp with etc. And officials/seniors if you are interested, please take it from here! I just think it would be seriously uber if we had our own town. I know I would love only having to spend 1k on a lock pick!

Thanks for listenin Exclamation
Grav
Back to top Go down
Gravity
Gravity

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: GvG-PvP and all that jazz...   GvG-PvP and all that jazz... EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 1:36 pm

Hey Ikky.. no problem at all dude. Notice I did say THOSE INTERESTED Very Happy

Thx for stayin positive.
Grav
Back to top Go down
Lapis
Lapis

Number of posts : 170
Guild : Angels of Overwatch
In Game Name : Lapis
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: GvG-PvP and all that jazz...   GvG-PvP and all that jazz... EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 1:57 pm

Love you Grav.. Hope you get some good responses to this.
Back to top Go down
PandaPower
AO 4th in Command
AO 4th in Command
PandaPower

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-02-21

PostSubject: Re: GvG-PvP and all that jazz...   GvG-PvP and all that jazz... EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 2:59 pm

Gravity, I would enjoy pvp-ing with someone too. I'm not very good at it though. As far as i'm concerned PvP is a completely different mindset from PvE and from what I've seen it takes some goodly talent and flawless timing to be effective at it. Perhaps we could set up a weekly scrimmage sort of thing again just within the guild to get up to speed?. Just don't expect me to bring my survivor characters into the ring against you! Razz
Back to top Go down
Drailaogh
Drailaogh

Number of posts : 177
Guild : VFF
In Game Name : Drailaogh Wyndraiha

PostSubject: Re: GvG-PvP and all that jazz...   GvG-PvP and all that jazz... EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 3:00 pm

It would be truly great to get our GvG plan up and running. If anyone
is interested, Hikrar Dalamar is our GvG officer and perhaps Gravity
might be will to help him out some. I'm certainly up for some GvG! I
love PvPing.

Last edited by Drailaogh on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removal of portion referring to deleted entries)
Back to top Go down
Wildheart
Admin
Admin
Wildheart

Number of posts : 131
In Game Name : Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: GvG-PvP and all that jazz...   GvG-PvP and all that jazz... EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 7:00 pm

Just a note Gravity, the ownership of towns in factions comes from Alliance battles and the associated faction points, which can be achieved in other ways than PvP. I myself am not much of a PvP person myself, but I do enjoy getting a chance to show those Luxons just who is the better fighter every once and awhile. As such, if you want to own a town we need to raise our alliance faction to around 3 or 4 million. Not that I am not giving this as a number to scare you off, but rather a goal to attain. So yes, when I get back home in July, I would love to join you for some PvP maybe.

Last edited by Wildheart on Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://aoguild.rpg-board.net
Drailaogh
Drailaogh

Number of posts : 177
Guild : VFF
In Game Name : Drailaogh Wyndraiha

PostSubject: Re: GvG-PvP and all that jazz...   GvG-PvP and all that jazz... EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 11:29 pm

Wildheart, thanks for that input and information. While AO is not "about" striving for mass faction it would certainly be cool to do for fun! And, have a town, would have some benefits as Gravity pointed out.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GvG-PvP and all that jazz...   GvG-PvP and all that jazz... EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 9:41 am

Coming from a couple experiences in PvP oriented guilds, I do have to completely agree that PvP is a completely different mindset. It's enjoyable, because it mixes up the pace of the game for you, and forces you to learn new tatics and to figure out how to adapt to situations on the fly. My recomendation is that when you think you have worked out a PvP-oriented build, test it in the Random arenas or team arenas, to see how it compares to the others out there. Or AB is another great testing ground, although it provides less insight into how it will perform in GvG because of the dimished sense of teamwork found in the larger matches.

Plus, town owership= discount merchant, and who would say no to saving 400 gold if they had to buy Sup. Salavage kit? Smile
Back to top Go down
Lapis
Lapis

Number of posts : 170
In Game Name : Lapis

PostSubject: Re: GvG-PvP and all that jazz...   GvG-PvP and all that jazz... EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 1:27 pm

So....... even though I don't do any PvP I think that I'll work hard to farm some Kurzik faction. Smile

Just to help out the guild of course.... not for any personal gain at all... (wide eyed innocence)
Back to top Go down
PandaPower
AO 4th in Command
AO 4th in Command
PandaPower

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-02-21

PostSubject: Re: GvG-PvP and all that jazz...   GvG-PvP and all that jazz... EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 7:53 pm

That's one of the primary reasons I created this second account. I can farm all day long on the Luxon side of Factions, but i would have to give up a ton of my Luxon Faction to even visit the Kurzick side. So, to even things out I basically made a second "Kurzick" account that will build up Kurz faction and help people on that side of the Great Divide as well. It *is* hard tho getting up to speed with a new account and character set. Almost like starting all over again. But, I think it will be worth it in the end. cheers

Panda (whose greatest ambition is to plant the world in Bamboo)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GvG-PvP and all that jazz...   GvG-PvP and all that jazz... Empty

Back to top Go down

GvG-PvP and all that jazz...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Angels of Overwatch :: The Camp Fire :: General Chat-
Jump to: