Angels of Overwatch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Forum for the Angels of Overwatch

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guild Wars 2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lapis
Lapis

Number of posts : 170
Guild : Angels of Overwatch
In Game Name : Lapis
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 EmptyFri Feb 29, 2008 12:54 pm

Hi all, I've done some further online research and recommend the following links for more information on what GW2 will contain. Some of it's good, most seems to be bringing GW2 inline with all the other mmo's out there. But read and judge for yourself.

This link is of an old interview.

http://au.pc.gamespy.com/pc/guild-wars-2/784302p1.html

Yet again the Wiki has the information

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2

The story of what happened between GW & GW2

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Movement_of_the_World

A factual article on GW2 released in 07. Covering confirmed details

http://game-drone.blogspot.com/2007/04/guild-wars-sequel.html

That is about it for articles that contain actual information. The one main thing that no-one has covered and no interviewer has asked is "when in the persistent world can you be attacked by other people?" Will this turn into a noob hunting and spawn camping area, thereby ruining the playability of the area? Anecdotal evidence suggests that the persistent worlds won't do this (although that could just be wishful projecting on my part) with the same exp allocation and drop allocation that they are currently using. Although I can't figure out how they'll divvy up the money.

Personally I'm happy if the persistent world is handled like the instanced world in terms of drops, exp, money distribution and not targeting human players and allies. Of course there are so many things that need to be confirmed that aren't being asked, it makes me think that the interviewers aren't players themselves. eg

- What I covered above
- How will they handle 1000 people all wanting to do the same quest or mission in the persistent area at the same time? If you thought that farming luxon faction or lightbringer points was tedious, this would be a nightmare.
- Also when one person/team finishes a mission and "alters" the environment/world how will this effect the others who aren't up to that yet? Will they be left in the dark as to what is happening?
- Travelling between towns (when you're in the persistent world area) Will we have to walk everywhere or can we zone like we do now?
- Will there be a continuation of the compass green arrow system to find your way around the "sandbox" or are we going to have to cover a whole area to find the one town we need?
- Not having henchies or heros, is this going to be a Never Winter Nights thing where you go out by yourself and have to cover all aspects of the party structure in one skill bar? (warrior, archer, healer, caster, etc)?

One interview claims that the GW development team care about what we, the players, have to say, so if anyone sees or finds where we can ask these questions or they have already been answered I'd love the chance to put them out there.

The Lovely Lapis
Back to top Go down
Drailaogh
Drailaogh

Number of posts : 177
Guild : VFF
In Game Name : Drailaogh Wyndraiha

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 10:50 pm

Thanks for passing along this information Lapis. Very helpful. Though I am personally still leary of what sounds like a possible "WoW type" of explorable area. Hopefully they will set it up to be a friendlier experience.
Back to top Go down
Drailaogh
Drailaogh

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 3:33 am

After going back and reading the GameDrone article regarding GW2 I am rather disappointed to find that ultimately, should they create the game as a forced keyboard play (other than only targeting) I won't be able to participate in GW2.
Back to top Go down
dramas s
dramas s

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 9:02 am

[[strike]strike]I do not like this idea why should we have spent all of are time getting good armor and wempons in gw then they desieded to make a GW 2 we have to start from srach i dont think so the one and only thing i hope is that they keep gws upand running scratch cheers
Back to top Go down
Drailaogh
Drailaogh

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 12:10 pm

Well, they are saying that GW will continue. Hopefully, that will pan out the way we would like it to and there will just be two kinds of GW to play. I know I'm hoping for it.
Back to top Go down
Lapis
Lapis

Number of posts : 170
Guild : Angels of Overwatch
In Game Name : Lapis

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 1:27 pm

For all those of you who have suggestions, questions, issues in relations to GW2. I found this page which suggests a way to send them to AreaNet.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Gaile_Gray
Back to top Go down
popcorn chip
popcorn chip

Number of posts : 49
Guild : Guild Wars
In Game Name : Happy =D
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 3:28 pm

Ya, because what if some of us dont like GW2.. Then they diside to stop doing stuff on this game, and are only choice is to play GW2!! lol

But hopefully I will like it, lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars 2
Page 1 of 1