Angels of Overwatch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Forum for the Angels of Overwatch

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question Regarding M.I.A. Section and Guild Membership

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Canis Lupis

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Question Regarding M.I.A. Section and Guild Membership Empty
PostSubject: Question Regarding M.I.A. Section and Guild Membership   Question Regarding M.I.A. Section and Guild Membership EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 6:27 pm

I was wondering whether I could post M.I.A.s for other guild members if i knew they were going to be missing for awhile. One member, Cloaked Ninja, which I realized has been kicked from the guild for inactivity is currently busy. His status is that he's dealing primarily with college work and had to focus more on school. He will be returning over the summer when he's done with his quarter and will have spare time.

I was wondering if it'd be okay that I just reinvite him into the guild, knowing he won't be on for the next 2 weeks or more (since I know his spring quarter is going to end in about 2-3 weeks). Also, he was recently kicked for inactiveness, so would it be inappropriate that I just reinvite him after a recent kick?
Back to top Go down
Drailaogh
Drailaogh

Number of posts : 177
Guild : VFF
In Game Name : Drailaogh Wyndraiha
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Question Regarding M.I.A. Section and Guild Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question Regarding M.I.A. Section and Guild Membership   Question Regarding M.I.A. Section and Guild Membership EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 1:56 pm

The strong preference is that members post the MIA notice themselves, that is part of what this forum is for. If anyone has been told of an upcoming MIA issue, I highly recommend that you encourage the member to join the forums and let them know about the MIA thread that I DO check BEFORE clicking "kick", it is the only way to ensure that the info is available to me 1 MONTH after they stop logging in. If absolultly necessary, MIA's can be posted by other guild members --
but please base them only on what you have been told by them directly.

If you look at the MIA thread you will see that twice I have placed MIA notices for people who would be gone. In one case - access to reliable internet was an issue, thus a difficulty in posting on the forum, in the other, the member had intended to do the post after I suggested the MIA thread to them, but RL caused some issues. In both cases the MIA information came to me because the made a point of informing and Officer that they would be MIA.

Thank you for the info regarding Cloaked Ninja and, in this case, feel free to reinvite him. I hope school has been going well for him. Also, let him know about the MIA thread - RL happens - all I need is a bit of info and all will be well 99% of the time. In the case of anyone kicked its best to check be reinviting. Thank you for asking.
Back to top Go down

Question Regarding M.I.A. Section and Guild Membership
Page 1 of 1